Friday, August 10, 2012

End of Summer

Dear Summer,

Well it's the end of you for my kin and me.  I will be going back to work on Monday, August 13th and Dalton will be starting 1st grade on Wednesday, August 15th.  I can't believe it; it seems so surreal.  Thank you for being so hot this summer that it forced me to get some things done that I needed to inside my house, along with taking a trip to get away from the heat.  Even though I did a lot of things I was only able to cross off 2 more things on my 20 goals for 2012.  Now if I can just finish the others before December that would be awesome.  I've even started a new list of things that I need to get done, so we will see each other again.  Always have new projects in my head, but I have to just write those down and finish the old ones I've started.  Memories I've had this summer!!!!!!

My clean, and might I add, functional office

view from doorway of treadmill
view of desk from doorway
view of very full bookshelf
 
view of my sewing table/desk- LOVE IT!!!!

Trip to Minnesota
Day 1- Driving!!!!!  Although it was a short trip, we packed a lot of fun into those five days and some never forgettable memories!!!!

Day 2- Nickelodeon Universe.  All 5 of us had a blast, spent about 10 hours there riding everything we could possibly ride over and over again, with a lunch break at Rainforest Cafe.

Day 3- Sea Life Aquarium.  I'm sorry KC, but I like the aquarium in Minnesota so much better than yours.  More for your money.  Spent all morning watching the sharks swimming overhead.  The kids loved it.

Day 4- Mini Golf.  So much fun to watch a 2, 5, & 6 year old try to hit a golf ball into a hole.  It was a blast except for the annoying girls behind us.  Sometimes I just can't keep my mouth shut and ended up saying something to them.  Ooops, my bad!!
Day 4b- Minnesota Zoo.  So much to look at and so many things happening.  Poor Chloe had a run in with the floor and got a fat lip and bump on the head.  Dalton was complaining that his feet hurt from all the walking and both boys were enthralled with the dinosaur exhibit.
Day 4c- Dinner @ Dicks Last Resort.  What a fun and great way to end our time in Minnesota.  This place was a blast and as you can see from this picture the kids were having so much fun dancing with the manager and other servers that walked by during their dance party!!!
Day 5- 3am Rushed poor miss Chloe to the hospital because she was having trouble breathing.  Returned back to the hotel for a few hours of shut eye before heading back home to KC.  Three very tired kiddos in the backseat on the way home!!!!!

Coach Pitch Baseball Camp
 Last game of the summer
 


A Clean living room
So happy to put Dalton's art station down in the basement

Even cleaned Dalton's old office corner and was able to finally close the closet doors


Finally Not Afraid of the pool


Dalton got a new, big boy, desk for his bedroom
It was supposed to be here for his birthday at the end of August, but I got it 3 days after ordering.  It was on sale and free shipping to my home, so I went for it.
Started working on it soon after it was put together

Constantly finding him sitting here coloring, writing, drawing, and cutting things out

Everything put away and his cork boards up
So as you can see Summer, we packed a lot of things into you and now we must say adieu, but I know we will see each other again; so much fun it's been.

Love, 
Crystal

No comments:

Post a Comment