Sunday, January 20, 2013

More De-Cluttering

Almost the end of the month and I'm still working on decluttering.  Staying on track with my calendar and feeling good about getting things done around the house.  This week was cleaning out my closet which I actually did when I changed all my clothes for the winter back in December, so not much to declutter at this time.  However, I looked through to see which clothes I haven't worn since I put them in my closet and  I had 2 sweaters that I pulled out.  I also pulled out 5 shirts that are short sleeve and shouldn't have been in there, so they will be moving to my spring and summer closet.  Along with cleaning out my closet I also cleaned out my dresser and armoire.  Too many clothes, but I really hate wearing the same thing within a 2 week period and I hate doing laundry.  So, yes I'll admit I have a lot of clothes, but in my defense I wear them all.

Not only am I decluttering this year, I have some major projects that I want to work on as well.  Really struggling with trying to find storage pieces for some of my projects.  I'm still trying to find shelving for under my sink in the kitchen.  I know that I can build my own if I want, but then that's one more project that I have to add to my list which is already pretty long.  Also need to change my filing system.  Thought that I was doing pretty well with my current filing system, however I haven't been staying on top of it and now it's a giant mess.  My biggest project is my laundry room and that is something I will have to build.  I would like to make a bench slash storage unit for my laundry room that I can put my toolbox under, have storage above that, then a bench and then a back with hooks and more storage cubies above that.  Pinterest is awesome and I've already found plans for 2 that I really like, but it's finding the time and money to get started on this project.  However, I know that this is something that needs to happen fairly fast and it's too bad that I didn't get materials and things for this weekend since I have tomorrow off.  Just wasn't thinking ahead, plus it's so cold out that I wouldn't have wanted to park my car outside so that I could build in the garage.  What to do, what to do???

Those are the thoughts going through my head right now.  Just proud that I have completed a week of decluttering and hoping that I can continue.  If I can get Dalton involved he will keep me on track in remembering to do it, however he struggles with keeping his room clean so no guarantee that he will help me complete the tasks on my list!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment