First there are 7 rooms in my house (my bedroom, Dalton's room, bathroom, my office, living room, kitchen/dining area and laundry room). So I want to go through each room, purge stuff and literally just clean the whole room. (I'm starting with my bedroom, however Dalton's room and my office will be last.)
I've now been home for 2 full weeks and I haven't gotten much done. So I was thankful today that my mom came over and pretty much forced/helped me clean. My best friend Courtney came over the other day after I had gone through my clothes once and took stuff so I couldn't put it back in my dresser and then today if it didn't fit or have a spot it either got donated or thrown away. I will admit that I am a clothes/shoes hoarder, but in my defense I don't like wearing the same thing within a 2 week span and I don't wear the same pair of shoes everyday. (I don't do laundry very often, I actually hate putting it away so it just sits in the dryer or worse I've accidentally left clothes in the washing machine). I was able to get the shoe rack off the back of my bedroom door and if the shoes didn't fit my foot or fit in the space I had shoes, then it got donated.
Then I went through my Armoire and my mother couldn't believe the amount of jeans I had. I don't wear shorts so it's either capris or jeans. I did give up 2 pairs of jeans and about 10 pairs of dress pants, which still leaves me with enough to probably go 2 weeks without washing. Then we went through my under-the-bed storage boxes and found more t-shirts that I wanted to keep to add to my t-shirt quilt. However, we also found a ton of pants and capris that I had saved from before I got pregnant. Got rid of all but 4 pairs and they are my motivation pants to fit in to, but that's another blog post.
I went through every drawer and put things back where they belonged. I need to keep it clean because my sanity depends on it. I hate clutter and like things organized, but I can't seem to get motivated to get things done that will reduce my stress level and anxiety. Plus, during the school year I am not home much except for at night and I'm too exhausted to do anything!!!
From the doorway, you can kind of see my new dresser on the right. It's a lot taller than I expected.
From the doorway again, but just my bed and bedside table.
My new dresser and old Armoire. I do wish that they were the same color, but my Armoire is 9 years old so it's also faded a little. I also finally hung my jewelry bag up on the wall, so Twiztid will stop eating my earrings. It's been hanging from the closet blocking clothes, so very happy that I could move it.
My neat and organized closet now. Very happy that everything fit and has a spot. I made sure that my hangar box was where I would use it the most. Tempted to put pretty curtains in front of the closet, but the reason the doors are gone is because I ended up never putting my clothes away because it was closed off.
Room #1- My bedroom = COMPLETE!!!!!
Looks good! I'm the same as you and need about 2 weeks worth (or more) of outfits. We used to make fun of the teachers that wore the same thing every week, so I just can't do it! I'll be working on getting rid of things too( whenever we get our stuff back)...even though we have about double the space now, I still need to get rid of things. Good luck with your other rooms!
ReplyDeleteChristy I was the same way when I was younger. I just can't bring myself to wear the same outfit each week and the kids DO notice!!!
ReplyDelete