Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Still Cleaning and Organizing


This task of cleaning and organizing seems to be getting bigger and bigger.  Good news is that my bedroom after almost a month is still clean and Dalton's is going on two weeks still clean.  The problem areas lie in the living room, kitchen and my office. 




 









 



Dalton's writing/drawing supplies organized  
So I started cleaning my living room last week.  Got everything picked up off the floor, re-organized all of Dalton's writing/drawing supplies and even exchanged Dalton's 3 drawer organizer for the old 7 drawer bathroom organizer so I could separate more things and he could easily find what he needed.  I even vacuumed the floor, which I used to be religious about and vacuumed almost every evening.  The living room was clean and now after a week it's back to being messy because I started cleaning more out of Dalton's room which is now on the living room floor.  I cleaned off my kitchen table which has now resulted in stuff lying on the floor in my living room and my couch now houses the plethora of magazines that I still need to go through.  So what is my thought process.  Get one room clean, start on another one, everything moves to that clean room resulting in it being messy again, start over on that room and clean, then move on to another one, everything moves to... wait STOP, you get the picture.  So how do I fix this?


Sewing table I made back in April
This morning I started my day in a very angry mood, and I either clean or eat when I'm angry.  Since I'm trying to lose weight, cleaning was my only option.  My office is the worst room in the house, but my new checks are missing and they have to be in there, so I started in on it.  I also really miss sewing because that was one of my stress relievers and I haven't seen my sewing table since I put it together back in April.  I'm not exaggerating either!  So my first intention is to clean off my table and re-organize things because I bought some nifty little lock together boxes and now I have places to store things.  Presto, 40 minutes later, sewing table is clean, but at the price of a stack of papers in the living room to go through, and a hallway cluttered with stuff that was on the desk.  Man, I'm going about this the wrong way.


I am getting rid of things as I go, but for instance the stack of papers; I didn't feel like sitting there going through all the papers at that moment, so they were stacked and put on the living room floor to go through later.  I didn't have anywhere to put them in my office.  Many of them need to be filed, many of them I'm sure can be thrown away, but I just didn't want to go through them right then and there.  Big mistake! That's why other places in my house get messy again; I put it off. 


Oh wise ones, my strategies are all wrong.  I'm almost beginning to wonder if I do this to myself on purpose because I always feel the need to clean.  If I have a clean house what will I do with my time?  Reading this back to myself makes me sound like I have a sickness.  So, is there really a disease called Cleaningfreakatotis, because if so I have it, most definitely. 
Now that I've declared I have a sickness, I must go back and clean!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment