Monday, January 2, 2012

The Beginning of my Organization

So I'm looking around the room thinking to myself, my child is asleep, the cats are asleep and there isn't a sound in the house. Guess it's time to do some cleaning/organizing.

I ordered an "Under the bed shoe organizer" from Walmart.com about a week ago and picked it up on Saturday at the store. Totally worth it!!!! I decided to get off my rump and put it together. When I first opened it, it wasn't exactly what I expected because it was very flimsy. I was starting to worry, what did I spend money on and why didn't the picture on the front look like what I was looking at in front of me. I placed it up on the bed and put shoes in it, but got frustrated that my shoes weren't staying in the correct rectangles so I moved it to the floor. That meant I had to clean the floor around my bed to actually lay it on the ground, another accomplishment!!! (I'm on a roll!) Technically all that was on the floor were the said shoes I'm trying to organize.

After putting the organizer on the floor and putting one shoe in flat and the other in sideways, the bag began to fill up to it's actual size and my shoes were no longer shifting around. After I had put in all my shoes (we're talking a 16 slot shoe organizer that, naturally I fit 22 pairs in to) in the bag I thought what if I put shoe boxes in each slot to help it keep it's form, but because I try to recycle all that stuff I only had 1 shoebox which did fit perfectly in one spot. This is when I'm thanking my mother for small feet- size 7! Although after looking at it I'm not sure I could fit another box in there next to it, but at least it helps keep it's form. My goal is to get 3 more boxes and put them at each corner, but, oh wait, that means I need to buy 3 more pairs of shoes. Hehehe!!!!

The fact is I finally got my frequently worn shoes organized and off my floor. Plus, they are not only organized but will be dust and cobweb free thanks to the zippered top. Now it's time to organize all the rest of my shoes that I don't frequently wear. Hmmmm... where do I put those?

No comments:

Post a Comment