Sunday, January 1, 2012

My New Toy

My new toy is a Cupcake maker that my sister gave to me for Christmas. It's absolutely awesome and I used it for the first time today. I mixed the cupcake mixture just like normal and put them into liners while I waited for the cupcake machine to warm up. This machine holds 6 cupcakes and you fill the liners like normal, although I think next time I will fill them just halfway instead of 3/4. I like the rounded tops the best and I had quite a few that cracked at the top. They cook for only 10 minutes which is awesome. I wonder though if I can refrigerate the batter and make them only when I feel like it. The batter makes a total of 24 cupcakes which would take me 40 minutes using the machine or only 22 minutes in the oven. The bad thing about the oven is I always seem to burn them on the top, they are even more coneheaded and sometimes they aren't cooked all the way through. This little machine is awesome and the color and shape of the cupcakes is perfect. Can't wait to take them tonight for my friends to feast on. Now just need to figure out how to decorate them!!! Thank you Charity for getting me this gift. I really love it!!!

1 comment: