It's New Years Eve and I'm sitting here on the couch looking around my living room thinking to myself, I've been on vacation since the 24th and I haven't accomplished half the things that I intended to have done. Why do I set such large goals, but then not finish them in a timely manner? Well I'm only human so maybe my goals are too large for me to handle.
I've decided to Declutter not only my house, but my life as well. After thinking long and hard about the things I have there are so many more important things out there and my focus needs to shift to those things. I need to think more about my health in the future for my son and my family, and my sanity for that matter. I don't work well when things are chaotic. So I guess in all my ramblings I'm trying to get to my New Years Resolutions. Well here goes:
1) Declutter my house- I will be using a declutter calendar that I found on a blog that I have printed out, will complete each days task and cross it off. I have to have the accountability to finish the tasks.
2) Spend more time with my family- Need I say more here. I know that I spend a lot of time now with my family, but to me time is of an essence. You never know when something may change and I want to take every opportunity I have to be with them.
3) Exercise more- This comes with saying that I want to complete my first 5k in April when the weather gets warmer.
4) Craft more- I really want my little side business to take off. I, first, need to build up my products. Sewing and knitting are both very relaxing to me and I need to take full advantage of it.
And last but not least...
5) Spend less, Save more money- Trying very hard to build up my savings and such. Heard a commercial the other day for a company called Rich Dad and they were saying that you shouldn't save money in today's economic crisis, but that's just crazy because when things go back to normal those people won't have a dime to their name. I'm sorry, but I'm saving and will continue.
I guess that's all for my first post of 2012. I can't believe it's a new year already!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment